Friday, April 29, 2005

out came the sun, and dried up all the rain.

Just ate dinner, and the bloated feeling you get from your tummy is just so immensely satisfying that I don't feel like starting work yet: I'd probably shred the next manuscript paper I see to bits anyway. But I'm not going to grouse!

I won't be blogging about the post I made earlier, I'd save that for another time. Preferably when I'm all angsty from PMS-ing/lack-of-food. Anyway, here are some photos from last week:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Lou and her aria on the Sibelius programme.

Lou, Cla and I were recording songs from our Techniques portfolio in the SDR/Saint Davids Room. As much as I respect our fellow lecturers, I do understand that not everyone can sight-read perfectly *coughs*. So instead of having them read 5 different lines at one time, we might as well record it, eh?

Btw. Lou and I are pianists, and Cla's a soprano. Plug: Cla has this HUGE and GORGEOUS voice, which you don't expect coming out from someone so petite like her. Amazing, she's gonna be big someday.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
That's Cla with her pencil, putting breathmarks in the music.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Our humble recording equipment, courtesy of Cla, since our lecturers only have cassette-tape players.

Oh alright, I admit it: none of us are techno-savvy enough to know how to record music onto mp3s/CDs/whatever. Cassette tapes are good enough, okay?? Though the sound quality is reminiscent of a historical recording dating back to the 60's.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Recording in progress.

I amused myself by honing my already-excellent photography skills and indulging in a bit of self-love.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Top of our ratty-but-passable Steinway piano.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
I rule at taking photographs.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Check out the fishballs for cheeks!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Lou's mentioned that the Steinway is really shiny/grimy: you can see the reflected OHP machine above the keyboard.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Cla's french song - Harmonie du Soir. Professional, woot?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And we're done!

Oh, and Jing stayed over at mine last week, and we trooped down to Covent Garden for a spot of shopping:

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

My room is actually much neater, but you can't see it from this picture. Dang. Anyway, time's up, Procrastination has fled and Full Lynne Panic has settled in! (Only ppl who watch regular anime will get my last statement, ah well.)

Btw, I've yet to record my songs (they're still in the gestation stage somewhere in my head), so if anyone knows how to record music from laptops and convert them onto .wav/mp3 format, pls help me!

Ok ok, back to supper.. err.. I meant, Schubert.

she procrastinated @ 21:14 |

blueprint

I will like to spend my days, as though they are my own, which I mostly end up doing in halves, for duty beckons, and I am answering its clarion call. Soon enough! I am also a veteran procrastinator.

fresh monodies

defiant hedonist.
you know you're...
yah, yah, a-ha, and then.
mini-break.
aiiiii i shld be studying.
overanalyze, oversensitive, overthetop.
midnight cravings.
R.I.P.
there's no point in wishing, really.
lynne is on a war path.

previous rants

August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
November 2010
January 2011
February 2011
August 2011
October 2011
May 2013

treatises on life

arty jen
betty boop
carmentica
charming-linn
chasing snowy cars
cheeky lynn
cheryliciously glam
clean and cute
cyclist-mad bass
darling dominic
feisty jing
fellow ditz-sista/porkSTAR
hail mary!
hell's kitchen
hero on the beach
h-Euge heart
hunky lenny
lipgloss queen
little cheryl
live n learn, baby
lolita lou
loony loon
mr popular
musically dan
m y s t j
phringe
princess tania
roger smurf
runaway pigeon
sabotage king jeremiah
sibling angst1
sibling angst2
spector dan
spunky tian
steffy bunny
sun-sunzzz
teeny wee-nee
weeeee, leonard!
yangtze yang'en

frivolous pursuits

for shallow ppl
for very geeky ppl
for the truly bored
spun prose
binary thoughts
past imprints
some stamps
montage of images
other memories

mulling over

"One is wicked, because one see things clearly." - Beaumarchais's Le nozze di Figaro.

And there were phlegmatic souls.